Review : Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket vs. HTC Vivid Comparison Smackdown

ATT recently released their first two true 4G LTE smartphones, the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket and the HTC Vivid. Two top brands with similar specs and LTE.

Unless you're a devotee of Samsung or HTC, it's not easy to pick. Both have 4.5" displays, dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon CPUs, very good 8 megapixel rear cameras that shoot 1080p video, run Android OS 2.3 Gingerbread and are promised upgrades to Android OS 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The Skyrocket costs $50 more with contract, but at $199 vs. $249 for a phone you might have to live with for 2 years, $50 shouldn't be the deciding factor. Especially when your monthly contract costs dwarf your phone investment.[readmore]

Comments

Damon said…
I would say to get the Galaxy SII Skyrocket. HTC makes great phones, but the Samsung has had many good reviews. It is based off of the well know Galaxy SII, so you know it is good. I have the Skyrocket and it is one of the best phones I’ve ever owned. The dual-core processor and LTE make this phone blast through downloads. LTE is especially helpful when it comes to streaming. I use many apps for streaming, but my favorite by far is the DISH Remote Access app. This app is from my employer and I love it because it lets me stream live TV and recorded shows from my Sling Adapter-connected receiver to my phone anywhere I am. Plus there is no additional cost per month to use it so it is completely unlimited. I love traveling, so I hope that AT&T’s LTE network is a little more developed in the next few years.