iOS 5 Keyboard Shortcuts Help to Log In Faster

One of the most common areas in the iOS application is an e-mail fields are required, for one reason or another, to log in and get all to start synchronization. iCloud applications do not do this, but the application is out of sync with Dropbox, Gmail, or even Instapaper will ask you to e-mail address. I got an e-mail address is relatively short, but typing in the day to day as I test software is a real pain in the app.

One trick I've come up with (though I'm sure I'm not the first to report this) is to use the shortcuts stored in the Settings -> General -> Keyboard. I set three-letter shortcuts are easier for me to remember and then set the phrase to main e-mail address. Once set up, all I had to do is type the shortcut exit and then press the space bar to have a iOS 5 automatically replace it with a sentence I had specified. The shortcut works perfect in almost all areas that support the iOS auto-correction, but they will not work for password field is obscured by asterisks.

I love these shortcuts because they mimic the function of TextExpander, but they are absolutely free and baked in iOS 5.

Comments