How to create the PDF file from RDF file by using Notepad (VB script)

If you have the report that is saved in RDF file format, but Visual Studio is not installed, You can easily convert the RDF file to PDF file format.
All you need it is NotePad editor, arpro2.dll(ar2.dll) and pdfexpt.dll installed.

1. Open the NotePad editor.
2. Add the following code:
  • Dim my_rep, my_pdf
  • set my_rep = CreateObject("DDActiveReports2.ActiveReport")
  • set my_pdf = CreateObject("ActiveReportsPDFExport.ARExportPDF")
  • my_rep.Pages.Load "E:\path\FileName.rdf"
  • my_pdf.FileName = "E:\ path\FileName.pdf"
  • my_pdf.Export my_rep.Pages
  • msgbox "Ok!"
3. Save the file with VBS extension.

The resulted file can be executed via Explorer like all other applications.
Source: http://www.datadynamics.com/forums/107354/ShowPost.aspx